Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions? More like guidelines...and NYE

I tried to make my post title a bit Pirates of the Caribbean reminiscent,
Who wouldn't want to be in Pirates of the Caribbean?  Can you say Orlando Bloom?
I don't think my "wittiness" worked out as well as I thought it would.  
Partly because the title should be, "Resolutions?  More like goal list"

Ok let's get down to the point of this post:

My friend and I make a goal list for each year.  
Past goals have included:
Road trip to Alaska
Go Zip Lining
See the Grand Canyon
Have a dinner party
Grow an appreciation for red wine

Those items were taken from my 2010 and 2011 list.  
And they have all been completed.

It's not the kind of typical resolution list because we agreed that it could carry over into the following years (hence me making a goal to have a dinner party in 2010 and not completing it until 2012!), 
as long as you are continually working on it.  
If that makes sense? 

What's going on my 2013 list?


What are your goals for the year?
Also, how did you ring in the new year?

I didn't do anything too crazy,
I just went out to a local restaurant/bar with some girl friends.

Can I tell you what happened to me though?

This has never EVER happened.

A guy sent me a drink from across the bar!
The bartender was like, "This is from the guy on the end."
And I was like, "Are you sure it's for me?  For ME?"
"For you." He said.
What the heck?  Chivalry is not dead my friends.

4 comments:

  1. I've never had a guy buy me a drink like that! That would just be hilarious.....
    Nice goals for 2013! I've got my goals, and my resolutions, and my hopes, sheesh..... SO much to do in 2013.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know me either! I was like are you sure this is for me? haha You will do great things in 2013 Trish I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is SO fun getting a free drink!!

    i had hibachi dinner on NYE and then "partied" at my house, which really just included appletinis, a board game, and some champagne at 12:00am with my husband and two best friends. we are so old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha not at all! At least you didnt have to drive anywhere and deal with the crowds!

      Delete