Friday, January 25, 2013

On being creative.

I have always been one that would rather make something than to buy it.
Usullay though, it never turns out.  But, it's the thought that counts, right?
A few years ago, I tried my hand at crochet.
My scarf instantly turned into a yarn coaster.
How that's possible?  I have no idea.
I resolved that I was just not cut out for crochet.
Fast forward to a few months ago,
and ever since then
something clicked
and I have been a crocheting machine!

Image found via Pinterest
 My new homemaking skill to master is going to be cross stitch.
I did it when I was younger, so I'm thinking that I am going to be able to pick it up quite easily.
However, the project I've chosen is quite the feat.


Luckily, it is a stamped cross stitch rather than counting cross stitch.
But, I'm thinking that I should start off with something 
a bit smaller
a bit easier
to practice
before tackling this big one.
I should have some time before it arrives in the mail.
I think I want to try my hand at this adorable little gnome!
Find it here
 I have a brilliant idea for this little gnome.
Now, I just need to get to the store for some supplies!
Hopefully, it will turn out just as good as I'm imagining it.

Need a little creativity music?  
Check this guy out!
Angus Stone: "Wooden Chair"

Ugh, can I just marry this guy already?

What projects are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment