Friday, December 7, 2012

Finally finished- Crocheted Blanket and Pattern

I know I have mentioned that I was working on crocheting a blanket before on this blog, but honestly I'm too lazy to look back at the posts to link them here.  Geez, I act like I do things all day.  Oh the joys of unemployment!  I'll have to share going to the temp agency story with you sometime!  That's a whole post in itself.

The good news is, is that I finally finished the blanket I was working on.  This is the first blanket I have ever crocheted, so I'm pretty proud of it.

This couch is big enough to seat 2 people.  When we first got it, I told my parents that I was going to gain 600 pounds because the couch would still be able to fit me!


Trying to take a photo of yourself is a lot harder than it looks!  Also, I'd like to say I'm sans make-up but in reality I didn't wash of yesterdays make-up so there's that.
I ended up making it a bit longer than the pattern had because I hate when blankets won't fit around my feet and up to my shoulders.  I also added the fringe on the ends.  Initially I was going to sew in the tails, but I ended up liking the fringe look so I added more danglies (thats the proper term lol) to make it look fuller and more even.

Want to make one for yourself?  Or even for someone for Christmas?  Check out the pattern here!

12 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great!! You have more patience than I...haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it took me a little over a month to finish it...working on it off and on so it wasn't too bad! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. ummm are you talented or what?! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love your blog. Found you through Helene's giveaway. Would appreciate the follow back.

    xo
    Jessa
    lifeofasportswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good! I always wish I could do a project that large. Someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome!!! Nicely done!
    I've been wanting to make one super bad, but I've only managed about half a scarf so far this year. :)
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sylvia! I'm a new follower from Helene's blog :D Love your blog and diggin' that blanket you crocheted! :) That's beautiful.
    Hope you'll come stop by my blog as well!
    I'm at loveeesarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful... I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete