Monday, May 20, 2013

That time I went to Portland, Oregon to do a half marathon.

My friend and I signed up to to the Portland, Oregon Rock n' Roll Half Marathon back in February.
Did I train for this half marathon at all?
That would be a no.
Gah, who am I?
When I met my friend in Portland, I told her I wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not.
She said she wouldn't mind not doing it, so we went all the way to Portland to not do a half marathon.

It was still an adventurous weekend though.
We walked about a mile and a half to our hostel
only to figure out that we had booked it for the wrong night!
I think I nearly died of laughter!
We called many hotels but everywhere was fully booked due to the race.
Luckily, we were able to find a hotel by the airport (they only had a smoking room available, but that sure beats sleeping on the streets!)
and it was another mile and a half walk to the hotel from the train.
We walked all around the city.
We went to the Saturday market which was fantastic.  
Then, we walked another mile and a half to get some Dutch Brothers coffee. 
It is seriously the most delicious coffee you will ever taste. 
If you go to Oregon, you must have Dutch Brothers!
It rained quite a bit on Saturday.  I did not where the right shoes at all.  
My feet were shriveled up like a grandma from all the water!  But, Sunday was gorgeous. 
I'm tempted to move to Portland!


1 comment: